Friday, August 14, 2009

Say We're In Love





It has been a long time.


It has been a long time, and I do not know why.


Maybe, the iris just wore me out. So, here is a new series.


I recently bought a box of old post cards. They all have a hole punched in the corner. Some have numbers written on them, some do not. On the other side there is a picture of a store. This is my new series.


Here you see the post card on a wax distressed background. I picked the found papers in a warm complementary pallette. The found text that provides the title is a piece of old sheet music. The remaining found items provide a hint of future that promises. It is the promise and hope that someone implies when they say "say we're in love."


3 Comments:

Blogger Franny Smith said...

Hi Betsy,
I could not find your e-mail address on your blog so I am posting here. I hope you don't mind.

I just love your work and invite you to be featured in our first edition of ARTZ MAG, which is a digital magazine.

The first edition will be available February 2010.

We are accepting all forms of art and would require a small tutorial on one of the pieces you submit.

Please visit us at: http://artzmag.com for information on art submission guidelines.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,

Franny Smith
Founder of Artz Mag
http://artzmag.com

7:51 PM  
Blogger Leslie Avon Miller said...

Hi Betsy:

I hope to see more of your new series. I have always enjoyed your collage.

All the best,

Leslie

11:55 AM  
Blogger The Artist Within Us said...

Some very interesting collages, especially this one is very beautiful, well balanced and good composition. I also likes 'Free Space'.

I look forward to seeing more in the future but you do not have your follow list available . . .

Thank you for sharing
Egmont

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home