Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Chase

This is another collage in my iris series.
The iris print is on a advertisement for a diamond wedding ring. The ring is probably not immediately recognizable to the viewer.
The diamond ring and the idea of it's importance was my motivation for this collage.
The background red color of the collage was created to closely match the background color of the advertisement. I wanted it to be hard to see where the print ended and the background started. For me this is symbolic of the chase for the diamond ring. The chase itself becomes so consuming that you can not see what is real and unreal.
I added the frame to the iris print. For me this underlines the idea that we can frame almost anything in our lives and make it look like something it is not.
I added the distressed woman from a vintage magazine.
Most of the collage is covered with handmade paper than contains fabric fibers. This adds to the symbolism of the piece.
The title, "The Chase" provides some hint to the viewer, but really allows the viewer to create their own story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home