Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Live A Colorful Life



Another in my Iris series . . .
As I was sorting through stacks of vintage magazines, I came across the text that adds the title to this piece.
Live a Colorful Life was part of a laundry detergent advertisement. It held my attention and provided the inspiration for this collage. I added the background papers in a neutral palette to contradict the colorful life the advertisement recommends. Everything in the background is in a organic hue that seems to be the opposite of colorful. The picture of the woman is also from a vintage magazine. She seems to be providing the advise, but not living it.
I think most of us want to live more colorful lives. We sometimes get stuck in a background of monochromatic colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home