Saturday, April 14, 2007

Here Without Him



This collage is the first in a series that I am doing that include my iris linocut.

I created this iris linocut about 2 years ago. It is an iris that I cut in a piece of linoleum. I use it with ink to create a print of an iris. I am drawn to this flower. It is delicate and beautiful. In Victorian times the iris was often thought to symbolize virginity.

I selected a print of the iris on a brown paper bag. It provides a great contrast to the woman in her fur coat and diamond jewels. I placed the other pieces of paper on top of the iris to communicate distance. The vintage letter with the text "Here Without Him" provides the title.

1 Comments:

Blogger Artists With Artitude said...

Hi, I came by to visit via Juana's blog and I love your work! I cannot believe that you have only been collaging for 3 years. Your work is astounding! Keep creating and inspiring...

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home