Thursday, August 23, 2007

Don't Fool With A Chill


Another Iris Series Collage . . .
This collage was inspired by a picture from a modern fashion magazine of a woman a green and black dress. The contrast between the black and green as well as the graphic nature of the dress drew and kept my attention.
I created the background with layers of crayon that I melted and distressed.
I added a iris linocut in the same organic palette.
The vintage tag has nothing written on it, implying emptiness.
The vintage photo was perfect for the palette. Her facial expression is priceless, and lead me to the vintage text "Don't Fool With A Chill" that provides the title.
The phrase was so instructive, and personal. It is not wise to fool with a woman's chill.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besty: Your work is poetic, intriguing and has depth. Thank you for sharing this with us. I especially enjoy reading your comments on the creative process and your thoughts while you develop your collage work. Are you still involved in the Bakers Dozen exchange?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Betsy Harnish said...

Thanks for the feedback.
I still submit to the Bakers Dozen. I find it a very important forum. I will have an exhibit of collages as their October featured artist.
Betsy

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home