Monday, October 01, 2007

The Speech Of The Angels



This is another collage in my iris series.
For this collage, I printed the iris on the background support rather than an additional piece of paper.
I placed all the found paper in layers on the other side of the collage. This orientation creates layers of meaning that appear to contain the iris.
The contrast of all the paper and bare background is hardly noticeable due to the design of the iris.
The found papers are a collection of items that I think help to communicate the "things" of life. The found paper with the phrase "The Speech of the Angels" provides the title and implies the meaning. The angels are talking to us telling us to slow down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Hi Betsy,I followed your link from the virtual tart website and thought I would take the time to let you know that I love your work. I enjoyed reading your thoughts behind each piece and seeing them from your perspective as well as my own. I will add your blog to my favorites and I will also add a link to my new blog. Best wishes for the future.
Regards,
Lisa

5:40 PM  
Blogger Joy Logan said...

Loved your pieces on Dale Copelands site...and you are a Marylander also! Nice pieces I love the wood block of the Iris. I love printmaking and collage myself.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home