Sunday, December 02, 2007

Conspicuous


This collage is another Iris collage. Although you can not tell, it is larger than all the other iris collages. It's larger size allows for larger images. I took advantage of this fact by using a larger image of a young modern woman. The magazine image was cut across the top of her hat. It used a white oil stick to add the missing piece of hat. I love that she has the hat tipped so deep that you can not see her eyes. I added the vintage advertisement for contrasting content. Image of the American lady in her hat is so different from the modern woman. The fact that the add is for corsets add additional contrast. The layers of found and made papers add depth and distance.
The found paper with the word "Conspicuous" adds texture, and interest. It also suggests the meaning of the collage.

1 Comments:

Blogger constant drama said...

I found your blog through some link or another, I dunno but I am thankful.

Your collages ROCK!!!!! I am SO loving it! It have very vintage meets art deco vibe to it and I can't have enough. Those are like the 2 combinations of my favourite things.

I am now addicted.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home