Saturday, April 26, 2008

Health and Beauty Depend Largely



The collage presented a real for me. Collages sometimes to that to me. I have had times when a collage has appeared in minutes. I have had times when it has taken months to complete a collage. I have yet other collages that still sit on a pile in my studio.

I started with this wonderful distressed painted background. I had added the salmon colors of paper and got stuck. It sat staring at me for more than a month. I found the advertisement and then played with the vintage wallpaper, and picture to get a sense of balanced composition.
On my piles of ever present paper, I found this young girl. She appears the picture of youth and endless opportunities.

The ever present iris is printed in tissue paper. I placed the tissue paper over the girl to partially hide her. I wanted to present the idea that youth and beauty are not what they seem.
The orange foil from a wine bottle cam last. It provide some balance, texture, and interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home