Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day Of March


I love the background in this collage. It is watered down acrylic paint. I merely left the brush go wherever. There is a sense of mystery and darkness about the brush strokes. It was really that sense of mystery that guided the creation of this collage. This unusual for me, as I normally take my inspiration from a picture or a found paper.
I repeated the mystery by using only a piece of the found marriage certificate and a blank tag.
I used the print of the iris on rice paper to cover the young women. I wanted to again to imply mystery.
I think that most of us keep parts of ourselves a mystery. Some of us do it intentionally, others do it without even knowing they do so. Some of do it to protect ourselves, others do it because they can not be honest.
Why do you do it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Debrina said...

There are some things that I keep to myself that are sacred to me. Sometimes these sacred thoughts and feelings do come out in my artwork, but I like to bury them under layers of subtlety and abstract. Collage is the best thing for that! Lol!

Hey, loving your blog and your fabulous collages. But especially love your musings....will be back!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home